Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas+mall+weekend = myworstnightmare

Every once in a while I just have to let it out to you guys.  I apologize, this is not at all work related.



This is how I broke down and started blubbering in the mall:

First, I took the wrong bus to my medical appointment (that I was super stressed about, anyway) and ended up, I'm not kidding, on my way to the airport.  How this can happen after over 2 years in the country, I can't tell you.  But I will say they are transitioning the bus system in such a way as to drive a person crazy if they are trying to go around the city with any sort of productivity, to areas that are a little off the path of the route.

Second, after making it to said appointment on time (I have no idea how that happened), I am met with a waiting area with current magazines i.e. People Dec. 5, 2011 (I was just dying to find out why Ashton and Demi are splitting).  And after one of my least favorite experiences, a carrot cupcake with green cream cheese icing.  Only in Punta Pacifica. 

Third, and finally, after leaving the hospital I made the regretful decision to go into the Multiplaza mall nearby, not to shop, but to go to the Riba Smith grocery and buy some soul soothing soup.  Big mistake.  After wandering around every crevice of that god forsaken glittery reindeer flying, crappy christmas music blaring, little sexy "elf" strutting picture opportunity Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, XOXO, Tiffany and Co, Poppy's expensive sh*thole for what felt like an eternity, crying to my boyfriend on the phone because at that point all I wanted to do was leave, but I couldn't, because every exit was more parking lot and parking garage and fenced in maddness on a horrible, horrible Friday night, where taxis wouldn't stop and when they did wouldn't take me where I needed to go, I just lost my cool.  I started tearing up and muttering and swore to god I was going to get that soup or die trying. 

After the breakdown (I did finally get my soup, and Bagel Bites, white and dark meat canned turkey for X-mas dinner and stainless steel sponges, for some strange reason) I RAN out the door to the road, took two (TWO) buses and walked 6 blocks to get to the quiet little hotel FINALLY where I could take a hot shower.

Imagine all this, with an overstuffed, heavy backpack and you've got the stuff that composes my nightmares. 

In hindsight, I think this must be what happens when I'm not on my game.  When I'm preoccupied and thinking in the clouds when you have to have your head in the game at all time when you're trying to survive the concrete jungle.

Tonight: No Chinese circus in Chitre, just this, a horrible, horrible Christmas nightmare.

No comments: