Wednesday, June 8, 2011

te extraño

So, there are a few glaring omissions in my digital music collection that are becoming painfully apparent. Mostly my oldies on vinyl and a few CDs...

I MISS YOU, ROLLING STONES

I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH YOU MEANT TO ME

In the big city, ran in to grab a budget for the project and talk business a little at the office, and ended up with amoebas. Oh yeah, I knew there was something about that water. Took the little guys a couple of days to catch up to me. But don't worry, three days and they should be gone.

One more time, thanks for all the birthday wishes! I know FB makes it so easy a chimp could keep track of the day, BUT you're not chimps! You're my friends! And I still need support and love and good wishes and it felt good to hear them all.


On the 4th Henry and i went to a friend in Veraguas' site, to her going away party. It was great. The whole community came together to make a nice party for her, and we danced a ton.
(I also drank some water out of a bucket at some point.) After that we spent a couple of days in a private room at Hostal Veraguas . With lots of movies AND (the BEST part) a BATHTUB. With hot water. It was glorious. Nothing like a hot bath to make you feel pampered. With some lavender oil. I left feeling rested and relaxed and incubating little shape-shifting organisms, apparently.

Most of the group of volunteers I came with is leaving, or has left. The few that are staying are doing coordinator positions and regional leader jobs. But little ol' me opted to stay in site and continue trucking along with the solar panel project and environmental education in the community. Part of me thinks I'm crazy and the other part thinks, why the hell not?

From a story in a book I read called It Was on Fire When I Lay Down on It by Robert Fulghum, a beautifully truthful book:

There is really nothing you must be.
And there is nothing you must do.
There is really nothing you must have.
And there is nothing you must know.
There is really nothing you must become.
However. It helps to understand that fire burns, and when it rains, the earth gets wet...


1 comment:

Rodney and Cindi said...

Sorry you got the mebas but I loved your blog entry.... love you lots Nikki!