Friday, August 5, 2011

Donate to my solar panel project!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well, and I am super excited to get to see some of you on my upcoming visit state-side. It's been a whole year since I've been home, and I am more than ready for a little reverse culture shock in preparation for my last year in Panama. If I'm NOT getting to see you, alas, you must live far away from where I'll be and you should probably just bite the bullet and plan a trip down to Panama for Carnaval.

So, to get to the point... The reason for yet another mass email is this: My project has been recognized officially and is now up and ready, waiting on some donations! I know the economy is a little shaky right now and we're all pinching pennies BUT if you're feeling generous today and want to feel good about helping out a great cause you could click over to the Peace Corps web site and help out Project 525-164

We already have a bit of money raised, but these donations are really vital to the life of the project. Various political delays and set-backs in other funding sources have plagued the little school of Ojo de Agua and their grand ambitions of a small solar panel system, but with your help we can make it happen.

Thanks so much, and keep in touch! -Nikki Leist

P.S. Feel free to forward this email! The more the merrier!

No comments: